SUNTECH™ SOLAR SHADING SYSTEMS
of ROTATING and FIXED LOUVERS
by Pegasus Ediltech S.A.
SUNTECH™ systems of rotating and fixed louvers by Pegasus ediltech S.A. have been carefully designed in order to provide living and working conditions that are uniform and ideal. They enable the regulation of the incoming light to the desired level during all day, while aiding temperature control of the interior in the most pleasant, healthy and environmental manner, following the modern trends of bioclimatic design.
The use of external solar shading systems (and them only compared to other types of shading systems) leads to substantial building sun protection, because:
- They block direct sunlight from reaching the shell of the building.
- They have the capacity to protect the entire building or entire parts of the building in need, and not just glazings.
- The percentage of solar energy converted into heat is reflected to the outside environment, without affecting the building’s interior.
- The space between the shading system and the building shell acts as additional insulation.
Additionally, louvers act as sound barriers, greatly reducing the sound entering the building from the outside environment.
By reducing incoming solar radiation, incoming heat load is proportionally reduced and so are, consequently, the air conditioning needs. Thus, both the initial installation cost and the cost of air conditioning use are considerably decreased.
SYNTECH™ systems have been designed in order to achieve high resistance to wind loads. The materials used (aluminum, glass and inox steel) have been carefully selected, considering their mechanical properties and durability, the type of use and atmospheric conditions, aiming to provide the building with aethetic and engineering qualities that last over time.
The types of external shading systems are:
- Rotating louvers in horizontal, vertical or inclined arrangements.
- Fixed louvers in horizontal, vertical or inclined arrangements.
- The shading device in cantilever format.
SUNTECH™ solar shading systems are characterized by sophisticated design of high aesthetical value, variety of colors, styles and materials, flexibility of installation and operation. Their use ensures high possibilities of architectural intervention, in terms of elegance, adaptability and creativity.
Therefore, the benefits obtained from the application of external sun control systems in buildings are multiple:
- quality of life and work,
- energy saving,
- aesthetic benefits,
- ecological benefits,
- sound reduction.